Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Guest Post June~ Manis & Makeovers


  

Hello Lacquer Lovers! It is the third installment of Guest Post June! Check out the awesome nail art from Lothwen of Manis & Makeovers!


Dear followers of Samantha,



I am so honoured to be a guest blogger here today! I am Lothwen from Manis & Makeovers. It is a blog that I share with my friend Akira, my “sister from another mister” and the one that persuaded me to start blogging. We live in The Netherlands and met during our studies. Akira (a.k.a. The Lieutenant) blogs about clothes, hairstyles and DIYs and I blog about nails and nail polish... I love it! We started all this 5 months ago and it has been fantastic. So much love in this wonderful community! And I’m learning loads! So when I was granted this wonderful opportunity to write a guest post, I couldn’t be happier! Such an honour it is!



For this occasion, I wanted to do something I had never done before, that would reflect my excitement about writing my first guest post! I created this summer patchwork design with all colours that make me happy:










My base is Catrice “Play It Blue” from the Candy Shock collection. I used a black and a white striper and a dotting tool for this design, and some tape to create the patches. The rest of the polishes are these and can all be found in drugstores:







So I first applied three coats of “Play It Blue”, that dries fast, due to its matte finish, thank goodness. Then I waited a few hours until it was completely dry, and taped off various parts of my nails and painted the segments different colours. I freehanded the heart with my dotting tool. Then I added some patterns to some colours with my dotting tool and white striper. I used 3 different pinks for the roses and did this with a tiny dotting tool. In the end I traced the borders of the patches with my black striper and added some stitches :) I sealed it all in with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat and voilà! A patchwork design!



I hope you guys like it, and thank so much for reading!



Thank you so much Samantha for this lovely opportunity!



xoxoxo

Lothwen

You can find Lothwen at Manis & Makeovers, on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Thanks again!

Remember, I'm having a GIVEAWAY once I reach my goal of 500 GFC Followers & 500 Facebook Likes!
 Have a lovely day!
 


4 comments: