Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Guest Post June~ Nail Art Novice


It has been said that all good things come to an end! With that said today is the last post of Guest Post June. Have no fear; I have plenty of guest posts coming your way every month! Today's post comes from Jenni at Nail Art Novice!



Hello Southern Sparklies, my name is Nail Art Novice and I run the blog nailartnovice.blogspot.com. I’m so happy to be here guest posting today-a big thanks to Samantha for having me! As you may have guessed from my name, I’m a bit of newbie to the nail art world-I only started my blog in January and had never done anything more exciting than putting crackle top coat on. I’m slowly learning lots of new fun nail art techniques and getting better at them-so please forgive me if I’m not the neatest in the world, haha!




We’re finally getting some warmer weather here in the UK and one of my favourite things to do in the sunshine is sit outside in a beer garden with my friends drinking fruity ciders, so this mani is inspired by my favourite flavour-Strawberry and Lime, yum yum!
 



On all but my accent nails I created a gradient of Revlon-Sunshine Sparkle and Rimmel-Sunshine, two lovely yellows to get that summer sun feeling. I added some bright blue dots with Sally Hansen-Himalayan Blue because I felt like the gradients were too boring on their own! I decided to turn one of my accents into a strawberry using Barry M-Passion Fruit, Barry M-Key Lime and added seeds in ‘Sunshine’. The other was made into a lime using Barry M-Spring Green and Key Lime (I’m afraid this is a UK brand but they make some really awesome shades and I’m a bit addicted!) and then added details using a Barry M nail art pen in white. 
 



Overall I love how this mani turned out-it’s really fun and summery and makes me really happy to have it on my nails-especially if they’re wrapped around a glass of ice cold cider-Cheers!

Thanks again to Samantha for having me-hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed creating it. =)

~Nail Art Novice~

Thank you so much! The mani is great!

A big thank you goes out to all that have participated in Guest Post June! Whether you were a guest poster, a reader, or a commenter, I truly appreciate all of you! 
You can find all other Guest Post June posts, HERE.
Don't forget I'm having a giveaway once I reach 500 Followers & Facebook Likes! I'd really like to reach this goal soon, so please share me with your friends!

Have a lovely day!


2 comments: